Search This Blog

CARAMEL CUSTARD


Cream caramel, flan or caramel custard is a rich custard dessert with a layer of soft caramel on top. It is mouth melting dessert and so creamy. Just wanted to share with you all. The recipe goes like this. Hope everyone enjoys !!!!!!!!

Ingredients :

Milk - 3 cups
Egg - 4
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Vanilla extract - 2 tsp

For caramel:

Sugar - 5 tbsp
Water - 2 tbsp



Method:

1. Melt 5 tbsp sugar with 2 tbsp water in a small heavy skillet constantly.
2. The sugar melts and changes colour to light brown as seen in the picture.
3. Immediately pour them in the prepared custard cups or any oven safe mould.
4. Rotate it evenly as soon as you pour them in cups so that it spreads evenly and forms coating at the bottom of the mould.
5.Keep it aside.
6. Now whisk the eggs briskly and let it be aside.
7. Now boil the milk and when it comes to boil switch off the flame.
8. Add the sugar, eggs and vanilla extract and whisk briskly till well blended.
9. Pour the mixture in the prepared moulds.
10. Now pour hot water into large baking pan to the depth of about 1 inch.
11. Now set the custard cups in the shallow pan and bake it for 45 minutes in 325 degree preheated oven.
12. Remove it when custard is set or insert a knife in the centre of the custard if you see the clean knife it is ready to remove from the oven.
13.Refridgerate for atleast 6 to 8 hrs.
14. You can unmould them by running a thin knife around the sides of mould to loosen them.
15.Now invert it in serving dish or plate and they can be served as sliced wedges with whipped cream or icecream topping.





Note :

1. When making custard sugar can be substituted by condensed milk too it gives rich and creaminess to the custard.

Pooja  – (April 23, 2009 at 11:54 AM)  

Looking mouthwatering pavithra..Yummy..I tried bread caramel custard without eggs long back watching in a cookery show..Yours looking cute and simple..

Subhie Arun  – (April 23, 2009 at 11:56 AM)  

one of my fav....ur remind me..wil try out soon,,,thx for sharig

Ramya Vijaykumar  – (April 23, 2009 at 12:47 PM)  

Oh this is tempting after all the sweets that I have made now I cant even think of making this for another few days, but I am craving for this so much now...

Pooja  – (April 23, 2009 at 1:30 PM)  

Looks delicious and perfect Pavithra :) My hubby and I have occasional cravings for this particular dessert..you have reminded me again! :)

Deepa Hari  – (April 23, 2009 at 1:50 PM)  

Thank u for stopping by Pavithra....u have a nice space here....Caramel custard looks absolutely delicious and inviting...nice clicks.

Renuka  – (April 23, 2009 at 2:11 PM)  

Thanks for the comment.. Caramel custard is my fav dessert...i am drooling here..

Vrinda  – (April 23, 2009 at 2:35 PM)  

Easy yummy dessert right..its in my blog too...would be perfect with caramel on top..yummmmmmmmm

Unknown  – (April 23, 2009 at 3:13 PM)  

OMG!!!Fantastic Recipe .........
Very nice & simple to do.we both love
sweets.I wanna try this 2day
Well done.

Senthil  – (April 23, 2009 at 3:38 PM)  

Thanks for visting my blog...Flan looks fabulous..It came out perfect for you..

Varsha Vipins  – (April 23, 2009 at 5:53 PM)  

Great job..Kudos for making such a difficult dish so perfectly n yum..:)

Vidhya  – (April 23, 2009 at 6:31 PM)  

custard looks perfect Pavithra. Thanks for your visit to my blog dear. I am adding your blog in my blogroll.

Lavanya  – (April 23, 2009 at 6:45 PM)  

looks great..mouthwatering pavithra!!

Pavithra Elangovan  – (April 23, 2009 at 6:52 PM)  

Thanks all of you for ur encouragement

Jaime and Jen DISH  – (April 23, 2009 at 7:41 PM)  

Wowza, this looks fantastic! Almond extract would be delish in this badboy!

Your fellow foodie blogger,

Jenifer

Sujatha  – (April 23, 2009 at 7:44 PM)  

Hi Pavithra!

You have a nice collection of interesting recipes! I have bookmarked some of your recipes.. and this caramel custard is one of them :)

Thanks for your nice words in my blog too!

Adlak's tiny world  – (April 23, 2009 at 8:00 PM)  

indeed its a mouth melting and rich desert.... love to have it right now. will try this one soon. thanks for sharing.

Usha  – (April 23, 2009 at 8:16 PM)  

The caramel custard looks simply perfect.....

Sara  – (April 23, 2009 at 8:46 PM)  

This looks beautiful, I love the garnishes too!

chef and her kitchen  – (April 23, 2009 at 9:42 PM)  

caramel custard is one of my favourite desserts lol....
feeling like having it now seeing ur pictures..i loved the hearts formed from the caramel.

Indrani  – (April 23, 2009 at 10:18 PM)  

Thanks for visiting my blog..first time in ur blog..you have nice posts here and all plates are nicely decorated..loved ur blog

Nithu  – (April 23, 2009 at 10:55 PM)  

That looks mouth watering. Nice click.

Priya Sriram  – (April 23, 2009 at 11:12 PM)  

Caramel is my favourite!! Custard looks absolutely delicious! Awesome clicks! :)

Mahimaa's kitchen  – (April 24, 2009 at 12:27 AM)  

yummy yummy dessert... mouthwatering.

Bhawna  – (April 24, 2009 at 7:52 AM)  

Hi Pavithra...ur blog is a visual delight. Have u done any course in vegetable carving?? Ur presentation is just marvelous. Caramal custard looks yummy, nice recipe.

Aparna Balasubramanian  – (April 24, 2009 at 8:09 AM)  

Looks perfect. Firm with a lovely caramel top. I usually make mine with custard powder.:)

Pavithra Elangovan  – (April 24, 2009 at 11:43 AM)  

Thanks everyone ,Thanks for ur tip jamie I will try next time and regd carving bhawna Unfortunately I did not learn any course Just I am trying something out of my own interest and plating with just available things.

gtyuk  – (April 28, 2009 at 5:10 AM)  

ooohhhh, lovely presentation; reminds me of my papa who doesn't know to make a simple omlette but does this dessert so well, hehehe

beautifully presented and thanks for reminding me about this dessert :)

Anuradha –   – (April 28, 2009 at 10:43 PM)  

Wow... Mouth watering... I love this custard. Thanks for the recipe.

Anonymous –   – (August 19, 2009 at 6:35 PM)  

ஹாய் பவித்ரா,

வாவ்...பார்த்தவுடனே சாப்பிட சொல்கிறது..நான் வெஜிடேரியன்..எக் இல்லாமல் செய்தால் நல்லா வருமா?எக்கிர்க்கு ஏதாவது ரீப்ளேஸ்மெண்ட் இருக்கா?

அன்புடன்,
அம்மு.

Preeti Kashyap  – (September 2, 2009 at 7:27 AM)  

i so want to try this...but I am scared I will mess it up...but will let you when I do...

frecklefacecakes  – (October 8, 2009 at 10:44 PM)  

oh pavi, i want to come to your next party! everything on your site looks SO delicious. i want to try so many recipes of yours.

Post a Comment



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Visit Great Cooks Community
All recipes are on Petitchef